Monday, November 12, 2012

Happily Ever After?

Happily Ever After?
By Jean Haus

This is a sequel to Sleeping Handsome which I highly recommended. Although not as good, Happily Ever After is a fun follow up. I believe this only comes in ebook or kindle form.

Zach and Paige continue their relationship. Zach is now in college but having to work hard to make ends meet -- and low and behold Paige's old friend, Amanda, begins working at the same place. Paige's acting career has taken off thanks to a "connected" relative and she is in Europe filming with some top stars, including handsome Bret Davis. Both Zach and Paige struggle with keeping their relationship stable long distance and dealing with multiple trust and maturity issues. They both have some growing up to do -- and I can admit that I got frustrated with both characters.

I will leave it to you to read and see if there is really a happily ever after for Paige and Zach.

What did this book have to do with my faith? Sometimes the Holy Spirit can work through the least likely people in order to guide you on the right path. If it weren't for Zach's skanky roommate, Drake, I don't think he would have seen what kind of mistakes he was really making. Drake would be least likely to give helpful advice. Drake was more interested in partying, scoring with girls and drinking beer, not to mention his lack of cleanliness and hygiene. Yet, Drake is able to help Zach see the errors of his ways. And Zach was mature enough to listen and grow from his advice. I wonder how many times people like me have heard the best advice from the least likely "spiritual" people and refused to listen? How often have I taken advice from someone who does not seem to be following God's path? God can use anyone to speak to us!

I recommend this book and highly recommend it to those who have read Sleeping Handsome.

Happy Ever After!

Amelia


No comments:

Post a Comment