Friday, November 11, 2011

Now for something a little different

My Top Ten Manga Titles

One reason it sometimes takes me a while to post book reviews is that I do spent time reading manga. Manga is the word for the Japanese graphic novel, the bookshelf version of Anime.  Although I have decided not to review a particular manga novel (most of them are in a series with many volumes), I decided to make a list of my top ten favorites. These are in no particular order. The ones with stars are the series I have finished reading.

The Devil Does Exist by Mitsuba Takashi *
Cross Game by Mitsuru Adachi
Paradise Kiss by Ai Yazawa
Crimson Hero by Mitsuba Takanashi
Boys Over Flowers by Yoko Kamio
Beck by Harold Sakuishi*
Skip Beat by Yoshiki Nakamura
Rasetsu by Chika Shiomi
Mars by Fuyumi Soryo*
Emma by Kaoru Mori *


As you can see, I am still reading several of these titles. I discovered lately that many of these are online which may help speed up the process. In addition, in some cases I am waiting on the next English translation to come out.

I would welcome your questions, comments or advice on other great Manga series. Next up: my husband's top ten favorite manga list.

Keep the faith in your reading - manga or not!

Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment