Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Vampire Love Story



In honor of Halloween, I suggest you run...run...run away screaming from Vampire Love Story. It was that bad.

And the scariest part is that it is the first of FIVE books! Thank goodness this one is free on your kindle right now. 

The basic plot is that Josiah Reign is a mixed martial arts fighter who decides to take a late-night run near a fraternity house that is having a party. As he runs past, a young woman runs out calling for help. Recognizing Lena from high school, Josiah decides to step in and help. He is doing okay until someone grabs a baseball bat. Then, a dark van pulls up and out steps four people who proceed to run after everyone and drink their blood. 

Lots of questions remain unanswered starting with: why was Lena at that party to begin with?

Okay, the plot only goes downhill from there. 

Eventually, Josiah falls in love with Lena who has decided to sacrifice herself to some predicted savior of the Mani race (what we would call vampires). Obviously, Lena is not the most intelligent individual and I never figured out what Josiah saw in her. Josiah must make some decisions about who he really cares for. These decisions impact his future (insert dramatic music here). 

I found myself simply sliding my eyes down each page just to see if there was any redeemable or less predictable parts of the story. Yawn!

Interesting to see that there were several positive “reviews” on amazon -- all by other authors. I would not want to read their writing after their acclamation of Night’s work! And Night's own website says that Night is a #1 best selling author. I really don't know how he received that distinction.

What did this book have to do with my faith? Well, let’s see...hmmm....uhhh... nothing.

Don’t read this book!

Happy reading better books that this!

Amelia

1 comment:

  1. I love your reviews and trust them therefore, I will NOT be reading this book. You might want to read "I hate my Neck". I would love to see your review of the book. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete