Friday, January 25, 2013

Crush

Crush
By Lacey Weatherford

Once you download a particular genre to your kindle, whether you get the book for free or not, amazon begins recommending similar books. I try hard to only get the ones with good to great ratings and Crush's reviews intrigued me. This was because of the mystery of the main character, Hunter.

Who is this guy? It is evident from almost the beginning that Hunter has no business spending time, much less dating, Cami. I kept trying to guess his secret. Was he in the witness protection program? Part of the mob? Undercover cop? Something to do with Jordan's death? A new kind of drug dealer? I liked his character and was cheering him on throughout most of the book.

Cami, on the other hand, was never that interesting. I couldn't grasp how the entire male population of the school was so fascinated with her. Well, okay, she did have red hair. But if they were so infatuated, how did her best geek friend, Clay, cause everyone to keep away? I think the word to describe Cami is dense. She just didn't clue in to what was going on with the people around her.

Immediately after reading, I gave the book four stars. Now that I have time to think about it, what was I thinking? I now don't think it was worth that many stars. The main thing that bothers me is that Cami and Hunter never really have a true conversation (he is got way too much to hide to be honest with her). But they spend lots of time making out. That does not a relationship make. Will they be able to stay a couple once the truth is out? I have my doubts.

What did this book have to do with my faith? We need honesty in our relationships -- and that includes our relationship with Christ. How often do we fake it with one another? Do we do the same with Christ? Can we really tell him how we feel? What is really going on in our lives? Or do we feel we must pretend to have it under control? Do we think we must be perfect in his eyes at all times? Do we pretend we are someone else even when we are with Christ?

Something to think about....

I recommend this book if you are into teen romance and a bit of mystery and drama.

Happy reading!

Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment